In my previous blog post, I wanted you to feel excited about finding a place where you can receive guidance on how to unleash the best version of yourself. In this post, I want to introduce you to a community that can help you do just that.
Do any of the following describe you?
- You want to excel at life by doing what is truly important, not just what is urgent
- You want to be a positive influence in the lives of those around you
- You want to be the driver of your life and future, and not just the passenger
- You want to become someone that others want to follow and be influenced by
- You want to develop a stronger or clearer purpose for your life
If so, this is your community. Welcome! You, the other members of this blog, and myself are all here to help each other achieve the desires listed above.
I call this community The Mindset Community. This community is unique from most self-improvement communities or blogs because it does not focus on behavioral change or management. Rather, the primary focus of this community is a consciousness upgrade. It is designed to elevate how you view, process, and navigate the world around you.
The reason why this community is called The Mindset Community is because this consciousness upgrade begins with the most fundamental part of our being: our mindsets.
Our mindsets are our mental fuel filters because every day we are bombarded by a near infinite number of stimuli, and it is our mindsets that filter select information to our brains. This information goes on to fuel three things that are foundational to how we live our lives: our thinking, our learning, and our behaviors. Thus, if we can wear the right mindsets—what I call “success mindsets”—we can create and live the life of our dreams.
Let me give you a quick example. Each of us desires to (1) look good and (2) develop our abilities. But unfortunately, we usually cannot do both because if we truly want to develop our abilities, we have to put ourselves in situations where we are likely to fail and unlikely to look good. Research has repeatedly found that if we prefer to look good over developing our abilities, we are likely to shy away from challenges. This limits us from reaching our full potential. But, if we can change our mindset to focus primarily on developing our abilities, our potential is unlimited.
In this blog, I will be talking a lot about success mindsets. But, to give you a taste of them, here is a set of descriptions that I hope everyone in this community aspires to:
- We believe we can grow and develop, and because of that, we take on challenges as a primary way to improve ourselves.
- We are open to the ideas of others, regardless of their stance or our stance. We recognize that we don’t know it all, and that by exposing ourselves to the perspectives of others, we are free to capture the very best of ideas.
- We have a clear purpose in our life, and we are focused on achieving it.
- We see others as people, value them as such, and we recognize that everyone is trying their best at navigating life.
Out of these, where do you think you are doing well, and where do you think you want to improve the most? Comment below.